President, Society for Epidemiologic Research, June 2020 – June 2021
Advisory Committee, University of Michigan Summer Session in Epidemiology (2019-2022)
Editor, Epidemiology (2007- )
Editorial Board, International Journal of Biostatistics (2011-)
Editorial Board, Revista Peruana de Medicina Experimental y Salud Pública (2010- )
- Options for Modern Mediation Analyses of Occupational Contributions to Racial/Ethnic Health Disparities. Invited speaker at “The Role of Work in Health Disparities in the US”, a workshop convened by the US National Institute on Minority Health & Health Disparities (NIMHD), Washington DC, September 28, 2020
- Model selection as a philosophical and practical problem, and critiques of common covariate discovery and screening algorithms. Invited speaker at 2020 SER Mid-Year Meeting, Salt Lake City, UT, March 6th, 2020
- Balancing the promises and limitations of mediation analysis in health inequalities research. Invited speaker at the Workshop on Mediation and Moderation in Health Inequalities Research, Académie nationale de médecine, Paris, January 23rd, 2020.
- Differential Treatment in Medical Practice: Racism without Racists. Invited seminar speaker at the McGill Department of Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Occupational Health Seminar Series, McGill University, Montreal, QC, November 18th, 2019.
- Introducción a la inferencia causal y uso de DAG en estudios sociales en salud. Invited seminar speaker at Departamento de Salud Pública, Escuela de Medicina de la Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, Santiago, Chile, October 16th, 2019.
- Foundations and Consequences of Race-Based Medicine: Primum Non Nocere. Invited speaker at the 71st Annual Scientific Meeting of the American Association for Clinical Chemistry (AACC), Anaheim, CA, August 5th, 2019 [Chair’s Invited Session], and at the Department of Anesthesiology at the Pennsylvania State University (Hershey) as Grand Rounds Speaker, Hershey, PA, February 20th, 2020.
- Discrimination in Algorithmic Evaluations and Treatments. Invited speaker at “Wrong at the Root: Racial Bias and The Tension between Numbers and Words in Non-Internet Data”, Simons Institute For the Theory of Computing, University of California at Berkeley, June 7th, 2019.
- How to Break Something by Fixing It. Invited speaker at the Public Health Department of the Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, Netherlands, May 14th, 2019
- How Racial Equality in California Holds Back Progress toward Eliminating Racial Disparities in Mortality Nationwide. Invited speaker at The 2019 Epidemiology Research Exchange, County of San Diego, San Diego, CA, April 26th, 2019.
- The Road to Hell is Paved with Adjustments. Invited speaker at Public Health Grand Rounds, UC San Diego Institute of Public Health, San Diego, CA, April 25th, 2019.
- Racial Health Disparities in the United States: Definition, Identification, and Description. Invited speaker at the University of Maryland, Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, College Park, MD, February 7th, 2019.